At Terra Moderne, we source the best quality materials in the jewelry you love. However, just like the handmade accessories can have natural imperfections, there are some general facts to note about jewelry.
Please know that extensive wear and contact with water, oil, lotion, and fragrance will significantly decrease the life of your jewels and can promote tarnishing.
- Showering, bathing, or washing your hands
- Exercising (salt in sweat affects plating)
- Applying perfume, lotions, oils etc.
- Swimming (especially in chlorine)
- Cleaning with harsh chemicals
- Sauna or high humidity/extreme heat conditions
Keep your jewelry in a closed box or it's own bag away from other jewelry, especially jewelry made with different colors of metal. Different metals can react and cause each other to oxidize, fade, tarnish, or scratch.
Our jewelry can be professionally cleaned or a mild, non-abrasive cleanser can be used. Be sure to check if your desired cleanser is appropriate for the type of metal your jewelry is made of. For stones, use a cloth with mild soap and warm water. We also recommend Sunshine Polishing Cloths to combat any rusting or tarnishing.